Friday, January 28, 2011

So how's your Bible reading going?

Somehow I got behind 10 days on my Bible reading plan. There's really only one way it could have happened--I haven't been reading my Bible every day. And somedays, when I read my Bible, I read a different Bible and read Phillipians (which we are going through at our church), rather than this Bible that will get me through the entire Bible in one year. It is a disgrace that I could get 10 days behind--IN JANUARY.

I am happy to report that, as of right this minute, I am caught up! I love reading the Old Testament again. The story of Joseph is the most amazing thing ever. If you haven't read it in a while, you MUST go read it again --start in Genesis 37.

I hope your Bible reading plan is right on track. If you are behind, keep plugging away. It is so worth the investment of our time. I am so grateful for His word. I am determined to keep going, even when I get behind.

"For the word of God is living and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
 it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
 Hebrews 4:12

2 comments:

  1. We're going through the book The Seven Checkpoints in the parenting teens class at church. I just read the chapter on spiritual disciplines and ideas for encouraging your teen to read the Bible. I have some ideas I'm going to try... I would love to help him establish this habit at the same time I'm trying to in my own life. :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post as it is very easy to fall behind. But my favorite day is Saturday, when I get to do laundry and sit down between loads with my bible study book, my bible and some audio sermons and get caught up. Not the best way to stay disciplined but I think it works in the time-management department.

    ReplyDelete