Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipe Book

If you like to make things, this idea has been one of my favorite:

Since I make a full Thanksgiving dinner for our family every year, I use the same basic recipes over and over. A couple of years ago, I decided to get them all together in one place, to avoid having 6 different cookbooks out on my counter on the big cooking day.

I bought the unfinished flip-album at my local scrapbooking store. I embellished the cover by using the computer, ribbon, and buttons.  Then I made section tabs with cardstock punched with a circle punch. On the inside pages, I wrote the recipes I use in my own handwriting, because maybe one of my grandkids will use it someday and think it's cool to see my penmanship. I left blank pages in every section, to allow for more recipes to be added. I also left some blank pages at the beginning for notes, etc. (For example, I like a reminder of which recipes need to be made the day before. I might add a shopping list at some point.)

If you have special recipes (like Aunt Elaine's cranberry sauce), this is a great way to pass them along.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment