Saturday, October 16, 2010

San Francisco--Napa Valley Get-Away

Byron had frequent flier miles that were going to expire, so we are enjoying a 4-day get-away to San Francisco/Napa Valley.  I LOVE get-away trips with my hubby! (My birthday is coming up--what a great birthday treat!)

If it were left up to me, I'm afraid we'd never go any place. I am so grateful that he makes the plans, buys the tickets, reserves the car and rooms, gives us a chance to see the country. I know it takes a lot of time to do all that.

It is sooo hard to get away! That's why we would never go any place if it were left to me--it's a ton of work! When Byron plans the trip,  I do my part at home--plan the childcare, stock the frig, cook extra meals, get the laundry caught up and the schedules coordinated.  It felt great to leave town this morning knowing that I didn't have any laundry to do for the next 4 days! (I know... I know... I'll have to play catch-up when I get home, but I'm not thinking about that yet.)

We arrived in San Francisco shortly after noon today. We enjoyed seeing part of the city for a few hours and then headed north to Napa Valley. We'll head home on Tuesday.

Thank you to the super duper friends who are staying with the kids!!! We REALLY appreaciate it!
 See... Don't we look really happy???

No comments:

Post a Comment