Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old-fashioned Dishtowel Love

I absolutely LOVE these dishtowels. They were a gift from my mother-in-law last year, who hand-stitched them, which makes me love them all the more. Before my kitchen remodel, I had a tendency to save them for special occasions. When I moved into my new kitchen, they looked so good in it that I started using them everyday. Then I got hooked on how amazing they are for drying dishes and wiping countertops. There's a reason our grandmothers used these all the time--these simple cotton dishtowels of yester-year are the equivalent of today's microfiber cloths!

I finally got them all clean at the same time (which was a serious challenge) for a photo:
I wish I could say that I do the work stitched on the towel for each day, but I don't. 
I don't touch an iron except when I'm sewing. 
And with all the laundry in this house, every day seems like wash day!

These towels are pure happiness!
Thank you to my mother-in-law for such a nice gift.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love things like that. They're beautiful and handmade things are my very favorite gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those!! Mine are roosters from my grandma!

    ReplyDelete