Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom always made this cookie recipe, and now it is my family's favorite. The oatmeal makes them soft and chewy--just the way I love them! I double the recipe now that I seem to feed an army most of the time.

Oatmeal Cookies
1 c. margarine (I use 1 Crisco stick, butter flavored)
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs

2 c. flour
2 c. oatmeal
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt

1 c. chocolate chips
(or peanut butter chips, M&Ms, raisins with a little cinnamon)

Cream the first three ingredients together in mixer. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix well. Place dough on greased baking sheet in spoonfuls.
Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 8 minutes. Makes around 2 1/2 dozen.

My 10-yr-old made them yesterday afternoon for an after school snack. yummy!

1 comment:

  1. The crisco is the key! I substitute the butter with crisco in my recipe :) A whole new dimension of chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete