Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Time to Mourn

It is so hard to understand why some people experience so much loss and pain in this world. In recent years my family has been hit hard. When my brother Jason and cousin Tanner died in a house fire four years ago, we were rocked to the core. Click here to read the story. It happened April 15, 2006.

A year and a half later, on December 13, 2008, Jason's special friend Jackie died of cancer that was found after Jason and Tanner died. She was only 29 when she died and was loved by so many. She would have probably become my sister-in-law. We couldn't believe that in such a short time, both Jason and Jackie were gone. Everything had happened so quickly. We gathered with the same group of people to grieve her death and try to cling to each other for comfort. Their absence in our lives screamed out at me every time we got together with family and friends.

Last Saturday, July 31, a tragic accident took the life of Tanner's younger sister Tegan, who was 24. She was beautiful and full of life. She will be greatly missed by so many. It is almost beyond comprehension that Tanner and Tegan are both gone. Please pray for their mother Jane, who is such a wonderful, loving person. My heart is broken for her. This is a picture of Tegan with her boyfriend Brad, who is hurting terribly. Please pray for him as well.

It says in the Bible, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain."
I know there is a place being prepared for those who call out to Jesus. 
It is a place where we won't experience loss or hurt or pain anymore. 
It is the place where we can fellowship with the One who created us. 
The place where we will never say goodbye.

God longs for us to join Him in that place.

He knows this world brings so much suffering.
"Be patient," He says.
"I have so much more for you."
"Rest in Me. Let me carry you through this pain,
until you join me in Heaven."

I am trying to be patient for that day. 

 I repeat these words to myself over and over:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

The promise of overflowing with hope...overflowing...gets me through tough times.


No comments:

Post a Comment