Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Easy Lasagna

My family loves lasagna.  OK...my family loves all food and would keep me in the kitchen 24/7 if they could.  My original attempts at lasagna were often disappointing--it was runny and looked like a mess on a dinner plate.  Over the years, I simplified my recipe and my lasagna turned out better.  Win-win!

Easy Lasagna

1 lb. sausage
1/2 lb. ground beef
24 oz. spaghetti sauce
24 oz. container cottage cheese
3-4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
lasagna noodles - do not cook

Brown sausage and ground beef together, drain off the fat, mix in the spaghetti sauce.
Spread a little sauce onto the bottom of a greased, 9x13 pan, and then cover with a layer of UNCOOKED lasagna noodles.
Next, layer half the meat sauce, then half the cottage cheese, sprinkle on parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Top with 2 c. mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers: noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, remaining mozzarella cheese.
Cover the pan with foil.
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Remove the foil for the final 10 minutes.
Allow 10 min. additional time for lasagna to cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment