Sunday, September 5, 2010

Music to My Ears

I have been missing my piano terribly and I can't wait for its return, but there is a different "music" in my house this weekend. The sound of progress!

On Saturday morning as I stood in my kitchen making a "working man's" breakfast*, I could hear nail guns from two different areas, hammering, drilling, and the sound of sawing from two different locations. The siding is going up outside and the wood floor is going in inside.

I wish I could hear my beautiful piano, but for now, this is the music of our house. (Thankfully our ipods can fill in during the absence of the piano.)

We are definitely celebrating Labor Day weekend with LABOR. I will post a full update in a few days. Right now...back to work!

*this weekend's "working man" breakfast was oatmeal pancakes and sausage cooked in my iron skillet (I am loving my gas cook top!)
 Look for the pancake recipe in RECIPES in the Labels section along the right hand margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment