Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"While You Were Out" Bedroom Makeover--Success!!!

We just revealed Meggan's bedroom to her this evening and she loved it.

Here are the pictures:

Meggan's first look at the room.  We stenciled one wall with a zebra print.

Beautiful bed...we painted an antique door and bought and sewed pillows. Comforter was on clearance at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  The lamp is from Target; paper lanterns from K-Mart. The pictures of Meggan were taken by Jenna and Ellyn.

The bookshelf is from Target.  Meggan always wanted a bird, so the little birdcage on top has a fake bird in it.  Meggan used to disco in the silver platform sandals on the bottom shelf.

The table is from an auction and was painted white by Jenna and Ellyn. The cute red clock is from Target; pegboard is $6 from Lowes, then painted.  There's a goldfish swimming around in the hanging bowl on the left.

Meggan's silhouette was done by Ellyn.  The red heels were purchased by Meggan at a garage sale.  (She wears them occasionally with a black strapless formal.)

Black bins are from Target.
Paint colors are Kilim Beige from Sherwin Williams on the walls, the door is Animated Coral from Sherwin Williams.  The pegboard was painted Asparagus from Lowes. A few random blue things were painted Sprinkler from Lowes.

Happy Birthday, Meggan!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project!! I love every inch of that room and it was such a sweet thing to do. I love that your daughter was able to do this for her sister too, sibling rivalry can be hard to overcome and I am very impressed! Amazing job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meggan, You're room is great! And you have an awesome mom, sister, and friend to do this and love you this way! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even remember how I came across your blog, but I love your posts! Also love the pegboard idea. I think I'm going to do that in Carter and Owen's room, but I'll probably have to paint it a masculine color like gray or black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog searching for SW kilim beige. You are very inspiring. I l love this room. It's beautiful and happy. I am painting my main room kilim beige this weekend. Check out my blog in a few days to see the results! mysunshineaz.blogspot.com

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete