Monday, April 26, 2010

Family Breakfast

Breakfast is my favorite meal to make.  I'll make breakfast food for any meal, but I especially love breakfast food for an easy supper.  For the past couple of years we have had family breakfast together on school/work mornings.  We have fruit smoothies every morning. I also make lots of muffins, lots and lots of eggs, and The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls on Fridays--they freeze very well.
I love having the family gathered around the table for a meal, however breakfast is a little more rushed than supper time. I especially appreciate that we've had breakfast together during busy seasons-- this spring we are having supper sitting in bleachers and lawn chairs more than we are having supper around our table.  Sometimes I hate the mess it makes...I'm not that excited about having another meal to clean up every day.  I am trusting that our family sees rewards from this time we spend together--that the time I invest in the kitchen is going to do more than just feed their tummies!

Here is the recipe for the family's favorite breakfast (except PW cinnamon rolls):

Brunch Breakfast Pizza -- found in Quick Cooking about 10 years ago
 1 tube crescent rolls -- press into a greased 9x13 pan
1 lb. browned sausage or 1-2 cups diced ham -- sprinkle over the crust
beat together and pour over the above:
4 eggs
2 T. milk
sprinkle with 1 c. shredded co-jack cheese
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

for bigger families like mine:
I buy crescent rolls in a "25% more" can, use the next size bigger cake pan, use 7 eggs and 1/4 c. milk

1 comment:

  1. I think this is like Luann's from the church cookbook and it is good. Thanks for reminding me of it. I should make it soon!

    ReplyDelete