Monday, May 7, 2012

Meg's Poetry

Meg wrote these as part of a poetry unit at school.
I love them so much and wanted to share.

This one is about my brother, Meg's beloved Uncle Jason, who died six years ago. You can read more about him in these posts.

His Laugh
His laugh,
makes me smile,
makes me laugh,
I said,
makes me smile,
makes me laugh,
the thought of never hearing it again
brings tears to my eyes
I said,
the thought of never hearing it again
brings tears to my eyes,
he is gone,
not to be seen,
ever, again.

This one is about how her brother Brandon reminds her of Jason:

See Him
I look at you
and see him
his eyes
smile
cheeks
even his shaggy beard
all of it
I love you
just as much
but we have ups and downs
you are one of the few things
I have left of him

Because he is gone
FOREVER.


and this one about the redheads of our family:

Red
I look at old pictures
in the family photo album
I look at all the RED heads
1Ryan 2Ellyn 3Angie 4Steve 5Jason 6Norman
so many
so pretty
so handsome
I love my family
sadly I am not a red head

No comments:

Post a Comment