Friday, April 22, 2011

By His Wounds We are Healed

From the archives...

"He was pierced for our transgressions, crushed for our sin.
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
by His wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53: 5

"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth.  When they hurled their insults at Him, he did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats. Instead, He entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly.  He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;
by His wounds you have been healed.
For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."
1 Peter 2: 22-25

It says in the book of Isaiah that He was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and that He was silent as He went.
He was despised and rejected, ridiculed and mocked, beaten and spit upon.
He was nailed to a cross
My salvation:  free to me, but so costly to my Lord.
I have been delivered, redeemed, set free.

He came for one purpose: to die on a cross,
and because of that single event, my life is forever changed.
That cross He died on...
a bridge to a new life for all who call on His name.
Call upon Him today.
That's why He died, and He's waiting to hear from you.
Experience what your heart was created for...access to the presence of God.
Put your hope in Him alone.

"My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from Him."
Psalm 62: 1


The song "By His Wounds" that is playing is from the cd called Glory Revealed.
Click here to see it on Amazon.com 




2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I think that it's easy to forget that it is Good Friday. It's my very favorite church service because of it's beautiful reverance and meaning. I am sad that I had a little one to get to bed tonight because my heart is always full when I leave. You chose the perfect scripture to help fill the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no greater love than this.

    ReplyDelete