Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Favorite Things Party

Last fall I read about a "Favorite Things" party on pinterest.com and knew I wanted to host one in January.  I love hosting parties, and the idea behind this one seemed so creative. I invited 15-20 friends and asked each of them to choose one of their favorite things in the $6 price range. They were instructed to buy three of the favorite thing they had chosen (three of the same item), package it up, and bring it to the party.

At the party, each guest wrote her name on a three tags and threw them into a bowl. We passed the bowl around and each guest drew out three names, making sure to not get our own name or duplicates. We went around the circle and gave our "favorite things" to the 3 names we had drawn. It was so fun to see what everyone brought! Some of the "favorite things": lotion, lip balm, pens, journal, chocolates, nail polish, spatula, room freshener, kitchen soap, salsa, perfume, puzzle book, rolling pins, flavored syrup, eye liner, and more that I can't think of at the moment!

The best part of the evening was spending it with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment