Friday, December 31, 2010

Quick Supper Recipe

I love a quick supper recipe. As a matter of fact, that's how I cook 90% of the time.
I like to keep the ingredients for this chicken recipe on hand, so that I can use it as a last minute supper. I try to keep a loaf of French bread in the freezer and cans of chicken breast in the pantry (for a shortcut, if I don't want to cook chicken). I leave out the green onion and fresh chopped tomato sometimes, if I don't have them.

Chicken Hero Sandwich

mix together:
4 c. diced, cooked chicken
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts
3/4 c. mayonnaise
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
5-6 drops Tabasco sauce
5 green onions, including tops
1 c. chopped tomato

1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
2 c. shredded Co-Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice bread lengthwise and place on a baking sheet.
Mix ingredients together, spread over the French bread and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until cheese is bubbly and light brown, approximately 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment