Saturday, October 22, 2011

Growing a Family

I keep thinking about the post by Ann Voskamp of the holy experience called what a family is really about.

Because our family is growing and changing, especially since Levi joined us, it was particularly meaningful to me. I love her descriptions of how individual members of a family change and grow. Over time we become more mature and more forgiving, but it's one step at a time.

It's comforting to me to be reminded that "It's not the one who plants or the one who waters who is at the center of this process but God, who makes things grow." 1 Corinthians 3:7

I will keep tending the seeds, which seems overwhelming on some days, but I will rest in the knowledge that God is in the center of the process. It is He who will make things grow.





No comments:

Post a Comment